Monday, January 30, 2012

An open letter to Sharukh Khan



I was an ardent fan of you in the past. I spent all my pocket money buying your posters. I even stuck them all over the walls in my room. I fought with my dad for not pulling it off when they were painting our house. I even stood hours in front of your house (Mannat) to get a glimpse of you. I liked you from the television days (Fauji) and followed you until recently sometime. Now, with a deep regret, I am telling you this that I can’t stand you anymore.

We agree that we called you Badshah of Bollywood/King Khan. That was then, its history now. We all loved you for your killer (innocent) looks. If you think you will remain young forever, then you are wrong. You should know that you are ageing and you should retire from doing happy-go-lucky-college boy- stretching –your-arms-to-embrace-the –girls-kind of roles. I always thought you’re an intellectual man and would make a wise choice in selecting your movies. I am disappointed with the kind of movies that you are doing now. I was even traumatized watching your latest movie RA.One. What did you think while making that movie? The movie failed in spite of the colossal marketing that you did. The little money that the movie made was through your constant pleading.

What I am irked is with your attitude to put down people, stale-cheap jokes, fake modesty and arrogance.

Dude, you are already one of the richest actor in Bollywood, how much more money you want to make? Every other channel that I surf you are there in it. You endorse every single product that is available in the market starting from toothpaste, home decor, automobiles, suiting to watches. You perform in every award function and dance in every top-notch weddings. We appreciate your talent but what we can’t tolerate is your snobbish behaviour. If you say what you speak when you host a show is not entirely yours and it’s scripted, it looks genuine and straight from the heart. We all know about your tiff with Salman, stop pretending that nothing has happened at all.

I still look up to you for being a single-woman man in Bollywood with no link ups and also a doting father for your kids. I respect you for following Bhagavad gita and Quran in your household. I know that you were not born with a silver spoon and did everything on your own. You are a visionary guy, use it in the right direction.Stop chasing money. Take a break and introspect your life once. We will remember you for movies like Swades and Chak De.


No comments:

Post a Comment